Monday, July 24, 2006

Could it BE any hotter?

So this weekend was the hottest weekend recorded in the city of Seattle...YUCK. Friday was 97 degrees, Saturday was 96 & yesterday was 95! I know that mid 90's may not seem that hot to people who live in other parts of the country where it's like 115 right now...but in Seattle, it's hot. People here put shorts & flip flops on when it's 60. We just don't know how to deal with the heat.

The best part about this heat wave that we're having is that our apartment complex decided that they would take advantage of the dry weather and pressure wash & paint the buildings. So...we had to keep all of our windows closed Thursday, Friday & Saturday! Needless to say, we were living in a sauna this weekend.

Even though it was miserably hot, Jason and I really packed quite a few summer activities into one weekend.

Friday night we went to the drive-in theater...one of the only ones left in Washington. If you've never been to a drive-in before, it really is a fun experience. It brings back memories of when my sister and I were little and my parents would take us to the drive-in and we'd fold down the seats in the back of the station wagon and make a bed. Well...we don't have a station wagon now, but the bed of Jason's truck worked perfectly. We had to get there early, so we brought dinner and snacks for later. We blew up our air mattress & threw it in the back of the truck with pillows and it was GREAT!

It was a double feature: Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest and Superman Returns. We had planned to stay for both movies, but Pirates didn't end until 12:30, and being the old farts that we are, we just couldn't stay up for another movie. I guess that's what happens when you get old.

Saturday, despite the fact that we were sweating even in the shade, we decided to go to the Bite of Seattle. It's an annual festival at the Seattle Center with tons of food, music & festivities. We ended up having a really good time and didn't eat too much (thanks to the heat).

Sunday we went to a co-ed baby shower. Jason and I both thought this was pretty odd when we received the invitation, but it actually ended up being a pretty cool idea. I did miss the traditional baby shower games, but it was fun.

So that was my sweat filled weekend. I was actually glad to get back to work today and my air-conditioned office. Wait, did I just say that I was glad to get back to work today? That heat really messed with my head!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is too funny - my sister and her hubby just went to the same drive in movie and also the same bite of seattle thing the last 2 weekends! (she lives in seattle, if that didn't make sense)