Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Move over P.F. Changs...

So I cooked dinner last night and used many of my new kitchen gadgets. I know that I probably sound like the biggest dork, but I don't care! It was seriously the most fun I've had making dinner in a long time.

On the menu?

Sweet & Sour Pork with Jasmine Rice

It was SO good. And to make things even better, it was a Weight Watchers recipe! I unfortunately didn't take a picture of this culinary masterpiece, but I am going to share the recipe with you. If you decide to make it, let me know what you thought!

Sweet & Sour Pork
1 cup = 5 points

1-1/2 pound lean pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
15 oz canned unsweetened pineapple chunks
1/2 c water
1/3 c rice wine vinegar
1/4 c packed brown sugar
2 T corn starch
1/2 t table salt
1 T soy sauce
2 medium green peppers, sliced
1 small onion, sliced

Heat a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.

Add pork and cook until golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove from skillet and set aside. Drain any remaining fat from skillet.

Drain pineapple chunks, reserving juice; set aside.

Combine water, vinegar, sugar, cornstarch, salt, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice in a small bowl; add to skillet and cook until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add pork; cook covered over low heat until meat is tender, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.

Add peppers, onion and pineapple chunks; cook 5 minutes. Serve over rice (make sure you count your points for the rice).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy recipe! I will try it when I have a fire extinguisher handy - lol - you know me!