Monday, September 17, 2007

why i hate commuting...

Friday was a REALLY crappy day!

1. Work was really sucky...it was crazy busy, I was supposed to get off work early and go to Happy Hour (that obviously didn't happen), and I didn't get to lunch until almost 4pm (I get off work at 5:30!!!).

2. Traffic was a B****. I left work at 5:30 and didn't get home until 7:30...it's a 40 mile drive.

3. I was rear ended by a SEMI TRUCK. Yes, you read that correctly. It was stop and go traffic and apparently the truck driver didn't see me...because he didn't just hit me once...he continued to bump me about 5 or 6 times!!!

As he continued to hit me I assumed that there must have been a huge pile up behind him, but no, when we pulled over it was just me & him. JERK!

The damage isn't nearly as bad as I expected (or as bad as Janet's little fender bender), it's just SUCH an inconvenience. Now I have to go get a bid, go back and forth with the insurance company and inevitably drive a crappy rental car.

Oh well, at least no one was hurt.

And on a brighter note, things with the condo are moving a positive direction. Nothing final yet, but it's being reviewed...so keep your fingers crossed!

Hey...I just realized...this is my 100th post!!! Woot!

2 comments:

Janet said...

stupid dumb car accidents!!!! ARGH!!!!!!!!!

Mine is in the shop right now...I feel your pain!

Michelle and the City said...

grr. car accidents suck! and dealing with insurance companies is worse!

found your blog thru the 20-somethings network. nice to 'meet' you :)