Thursday, June 26, 2008

walking down the aisle...as a bridesmaid

I have a friend who's getting married this summer and I have been SO excited with all of the wedding festivities leading up to it...the shower, the bachelorette party, etc.

We have been friends for awhile (met through mutual friends), but I would never have expected her to ask me to be a bridesmaid...and when she didn't ask me I wasn't disappointed. She did ask me to do her hair & make-up, which I happily agreed to. And she's invited me along to all wedding related outings...including the rehearsal dinner.

Over the past few months we have gotten a lot closer. We're doing WW together and what brings friends closer than being starving & losing weight together? Our fiances have become friends and we do double dates often. Jason and I joke that they are our Deacon & Kelly (from King of Queens...if you don't watch that show, you totally won't understand that)...let's just say they are our go to friends when we want to do something fun with another couple.

Well, last night we went to dinner with another friend, who is a bridesmaid in the wedding, and K told me that she had a question to ask me and that I could say no if I wanted to.

Then she asked me to be a bridesmaid! She told me that she feels that we have become such good friends that she would really like me to be more of a part of her wedding.

I feel so honored! While the wedding is less than 2 months away, I've been involved in all the planning with her and am MORE than happy to stand next to her on her special day!

I can't wait!

3 comments:

Rachel H. said...

That's so exciting and great that you guys have become so close that she asked you to be in her wedding. I can't wait to be in more weddings in the next few years. They are so much fun.

Katelin said...

aw that's so cute and so exciting. :)

Britni said...

That's really exciting. We've got some Kelly and Deacon friends too that we hang out with all the time. There are just some people you know you can call and they'll hang out with you.