Monday, August 07, 2006

Busy weekend

This past weekend I attended a friend's bachelorette party in Vancouver, B.C. We headed up Saturday morning to Bellingham, where she lives, for a Pure Romance party. Talk about hilarious. My friends and I were laughing histerically nearly the whole time. For those of you who don't know what a Pure Romance party is, it's like a Partylite party but instead of candles, you can buy sex toys & other parephenalia. It was hilarious...not so much the products, but the way they're described in the catalogs and the way the hostess described them and most of all - the games we played! Everyone got a blob of Play-Doh and had to mold it into a penis. I won that game!

After the Pure Romance party, we headed up to Vancouver, which is about an hour and a half drive from Bellingham. We took the truck border crossing instead of the Peace Arch crossing, which saved a ton of time.

We stayed at the Metropolitan Hotel...not recommended for a group of 8 girls! We had 2 rooms, but each room only had one queen bed! Luckily though, we brought two air matresses with us. Once we got settled, we went to a restaurant called Savory Coast for dinner...which I wouldn't recommend. I actually ended up sending my pizza back and having them take it off the was gross.

After dinner we went back to the hotel to get all dolled up for a night out on the town. We went to a club called AuBar. It was very highly recommended by the concierge at our hotel, however, we didn't know that Vancouver was having their annual 'firework celebration' that night so when we got to the bar it was DEAD! We still had fun though...which included humiliating the bride to be!

All in all the weekend was pretty fun. However, the drive home was a completely different story. We left Vancouver around 12:30pm and headed toward the border. As we neared the border crossing, we saw a reader board that said the delay time at the truck crossing was 90 minutes (the Peace Arch crossing time was unavailable, but definitely longer than the truck crossing). So we decided that we would try to find a different crossing...bad idea. We ended up wasting 30 minutes driving around in a country that we don't know at all, only to end up back at the truck crossing waiting in the 90 minute line! We didn't get across the border until almost 4pm. We didn't get to my house until 5pm and Jason and I were supposed to be at my mom's house (an hour away from my house) at 6pm for dinner. Normally this wouldn't have been quite that big of a deal, we would've just jumped in the car...but we were rushed that morning leaving Vancouver (having only 1 shower for 4 girls), so I didn't get to take a shower! So, when I got home at 5pm I jumped in the shower and took the quickest shower of my life!

We didn't get to my mom's until 7pm, but at least we made it! I am exausted today. I didn't get to sleep until almost midnight last night and had to get up at 6am.

I think I'll go to bed early tonight.

No comments: