Tuesday, May 08, 2007

One day at a time...

I'm now officially living with my mom again...it's not too terribly bad...although I do feel kind of like a kid again.

Days go by so slowly...I literally sit at my desk and work and wait for 5:30 to come around. It doesn't help that I haven't been that busy at work lately. It's all I can do to concentrate on anything other than what's currently going on in my personal life. I try to occupy my day with anything but thinking.

When I'm outside of work, being with my family helps. My little sister Courtney and I have been spending lots of time together, which is nice. Today my brother Josh and I went and bought Guitar Hero for PS2...these are the moments that help me keep my mind off of everything else.

But they go to bed early...and that's when everything comes back to me. Yesterday wasn't too bad...but tonight the floodgates seem to have reopened.

I miss my life...my cats, my own bed, my apartment, my usual commute to and from work...and most importantly Jason. We were going to get together this weekend, but it doesn't look like it's going to work out...and I think that the idea of getting to see him this weekend was keeping my spirits up, slightly, and now I'm just back to being bummed.

3 comments:

Janet said...

If I were there I would totally take you out for a pink martini. Big hugs!!!

k e r r y said...

You sound so sad - and yet optimistic... I hope things start to get better for you soon.... 5 years with someone is hard to walk away from.

k said...

Keep your head up! Things will get better!