Thursday, September 28, 2006

Theme song...

I have loved John Mayer since before he was famous. I've seen him in concert twice and the first time was at the Crocodile Cafe in Seattle...a super small venue that holds about 50 people. I even met him! Anyway...I've always loved his music, so of course when his new album Continuum came out a few weeks ago I bought it!

Now, I must say that his first album is still my favorite...but there's a song on the Continuum album there's a song called "Stop This Train". It is one of THE best songs I've ever heard. It sometimes brings tears to my eyes if I'm having an especially emotional day (which seems to be often lately).

Here are the lyrics...but you really need to listen to the song because just reading the words doesn't quite give the same feeling:

No I'm not color blind
I know the world is black and white
Try to keep an open mind
I just can't sleep on this tonight

Stop this train
I want to get off and go home again
I can't take the speed that it's moving in
I know I can
But honestly, won't someone stop this train

Don't know how else to say it
Don't want to see my parents go
One generation's length away
From fighting life out on my own
Stop this train
I want to get off and go home again
I can't take the speed it's moving in
I know I can
But honestly, won't someone stop this train

So scared of getting older
I'm only good at being young
So I'll play the numbers game
To find a way to say that life has just begun

Had a talk with my old man
Said help me understand
He said turn 68
You'll renegotiate
Don't stop this train
Don't for a minute change the place you're in
Don't think I couldn't ever understand
I tried my hand
John honestly, we'll never stop this train

Once in awhile when it's good
It'll feel like it should
And they're all still around
And you're still safe and sound
And you don't miss a thing
So you cry when you're driving away in the dark
Singing stop this train
I want to get off and go home home again
I can't take the speed it's moving in
I know I can
'Cause now I see
I'll never stop this train

After listening to this song probably 12,386 times...I've decided that it's pretty much the theme song for my life...this is exactly the way I feel about life right now. And I'm sure it's not just me...I know that tons of people my age feel this way...or as John would say those going through a "Quarter Life Crisis".

Do you have a song that seems to just fit your life perfectly? Share it!

*KITTEN UPDATE*
As I previously mentioned...Baci & Wilbur are pretty much best friends now and they love to wrestle.

After a few minutes of horesplay...Baci turns into the mature adult and tells Wilbur to "Get a Life"!

2 comments:

-R- said...

I don't think I have a song that fits me perfectly right now. I love the wrestling cat pictures!

Eris said...

The "Why, Georgia, Why" song is how I feel. Constantly. Damn quarter life crisis.