Wednesday, August 29, 2007

2 weeks with Jason, a 1st birthday, a new crush and a new TV!

I have been completely swamped at work and haven't had any time to blog lately. So I thought I'd give you a quick run down of what's been going on lately.

1. The biggest and most inconvenient freeway construction in the history of the greater Seattle area started a little over 2 weeks ago. I-5 which runs north/south through Seattle was shut down except for 2 lanes at the most for 19 day sraight, 24 hours a day. They were predicting that traffic would be backed up 40 miles or more and that people who normally drive this route should find an alternate route or take vacation! Nice!

Lucky for me, Jason offered to let me stay with him (north of the constrution zone) during this time. It was such a relief to not have to deal with the traffic. So that's where I've been the past few weeks. It was nice to spend so much time with him, but sad to come home today. And I miss the cats already...Wilbur has become really cuddly.

2. Our good friends who had a baby LAST SUMMER just threw a 1st birthday party for their son! It was crazy to think that he is ONE already! It seriously feels like he was just born yesterday.

Oh, and to prove just how "UN"ready I am to start having babies, we bought him a 3T outfit! I do not know WHY we thought that it would fit him! We held it up and thought it looked ok! So he won't be able to wear it until maybe next fall! But it was so cute...a Kenneth Cole outfit with jeans, a button up striped shirt and courduroy blazer! SO CUTE!

3. Last night 2 friends and I went to see Michael Buble in concert. I . Love . Him! I knew he was cute and all, and I love his music, but after seeing him in concert, I am smitten! He puts on a great show and the $70 we paid for each ticket was totally worth it! If he's coming to a town near you, I highly recommend going.

4. Tonight I totally splurged and bought a 42" LCD flat screen TV! Even though we're still waiting to hear about the condo, I wanted to take advantage of special pricing & financing that expires this Friday. I can't wait to use it...we have a perfect spot above the fireplace in the condo to install it!

So there's a brief synopsis of what's going on. I will try very hard to update more often...especially on the condo situation. Please keep your fingers crossed for us!

1 comment:

Janet said...

whew, you sound busy but happy!